Monday, June 1, 2009

Update on Last Saturday

Here is an update of what happened Saturday after I posted. Because Alex got down for his nap late, I ended up having to wake him up around 3:30 p.m. He seemed fine when I got him up, but a few minutes later he was standing on the couch and threw up. I was a little surprised. I grabbed him off the couch and put him on the floor in the living room. Then he threw up some more (luckily not much). We keep a blanket over the couch, so I grabbed that and threw it into the laundry room and then cleaned up the throw up, and changed him for the third or fourth time that day.

Luckily that was all. I was worried about him eating later, but everything was fine and he didn't throw up after that (maybe that was the last of what was in his stomach including the peanut butter). His eye was also back to normal by the time I put him in bed.

TV armoireIn addition to the drama of Alex and Aaron, I had additional drama. I decided to call someone about a TV armoire they were selling because I really wanted something to hold the TV and related stuff that closes so Alex can't get into it (we had a really basic TV stand we'd gotten for $5 about 6 years ago). I asked if they were willing to sell for $50 less (so only $100) and they were, so we scheduled to meet Saturday night. Now this thing is pretty big, so it wasn't something I could handle on my own and I needed something to transport it in. Luckily I was able to borrow a truck from a friend and my home teacher helped me find a couple guys to help haul it (Aaron was still feeling awful so couldn't help, plus he had to stay home with Alex who was in bed by this time).

I felt bad because it was a real pain to move, and even with them trying to be careful, one of the legs got kinked (I should've thought to unscrew them before we moved it. Duh!). Hopefully we don't have to move it again anytime soon, because with the leg ripped out of it, I worry it won't make it. Anyway, it's in place and we're excited to have it.

By the end of the day I was absolutely exhausted. I feel like I'm still recovering from Saturday, and yesterday was pretty tiring too, which didn't help. Here's a picture of the armoire in our living room. I think it looks pretty nice, though it takes up a good chunk of the wall :).

No comments:

Post a Comment