Sunday, July 13, 2008

Alex has officially rolled over!

So on June 29, I was getting Alex ready for bed and I thought I should give him some tummy time, since he hadn't had any, so I just put him on his tummy on the bed. Well, he shocked me quite a bit by rolling over from his stomach to his back. Luckily he did it a couple more times and I got one on video (see my Facebook page). Since then, he's only done it once, which is somewhat surprising because I hear when a baby learns something new he/she wants to do it over and over because he/she is so excited. He didn't seem all that thrilled about it (which you think he would be because he generally doesn't like to be on his belly, and it would be a way to not be, but whatev).

So this morning, I put him on the floor on his back under his baby gym. Then I got on the computer to get some stuff done. Later I heard his playing with tissue paper. I checked and he seemed all right, so I let him continue. He had moved himself away from his toys, though, and was completely off of the blanket. He's been doing this quite a lot lately. I don't know if it's because he's bored with the toys, or if it's because he just likes moving, or what.

So a little while later, he is really fussing, so I stand up, and he's now on his stomach. Yes, that's right, he rolled over from his back to his stomach. I'm so sad I missed it!!! I don't know how he did it or what his motivation was, but he sure wasn't too happy to be on his stomach, so I wonder if he'll do it again soon. It's just too bad I didn't see it happen. I feel like I need to have a camera tracked on him so I don't miss things like this. Oh, well, hopefully he'll do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment