Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Textured Quilt and New (Used) Exersaucer

So yesterday I finished my first quilt ever. It's a textured quilt, which basically is a whole bunch of different fabrics put together with different textures, colors, and patterns for Alex to feel and experience. Because I was basically doing it on my own (with some email help from Janci), I don't know how much of it was done right, and it's a little, um, crooked, but for my first attempt, I think I did pretty well. I'm just glad it's small. I think it was a very good thing that my first quilt was a small one. Because it has a lot of different fabrics, they don't really "go" together, just so you're warned.

Here's a pic:


Also, yesterday, after searching Craig's List and KSL for the past month, I finally found an exersaucer that was close to where I live, in my price range, and in good enough quality (there was one being sold that had no toys on it. They said you could just put your own toys on top, and I'm like, but the point of the exersaucer is he won't lose the toys like he does when he plays on his high chair since they're attached. Not only that but they wanted $20 for it). So I went to take a look at it. It's older, at least 2 years, but probably more, but I got it for $12, so no complaining here. Alex is enjoying it so far. I spent some of the day yesterday cleaning and sanitizing it, so it was all ready for him to play with. Here's a pic:



If you want to see more pics of Alex from the last month, click here.

PS: I don't know a good way to make my pictures smaller so they aren't so large in my entry. If anyone knows an easy to make them smaller, please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment