Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July! (Okay, I'm a little late, but hey, I was actually busy on the 4th.) As I predicted, Aaron and I spent most of the 4th hanging out in our apartment playing video games. I was quite bored of this, even though Aaron couldn't seem to get enough. I was able to convince him to go over to the Freedom Festival in downtown Provo in the afternoon. It was fun, but lack of funds kept us from doing much. After looking around at the booths, we went over to the kid's center and I made an origami flower. I don't think I did too bad, if I do say so myself. Aaron quietly endured. Apparently he did not want to participate, but he knew I did and was very good about letting me do my thing.

That night we went out to a local parking lot and lit the one firework we had. Our hometeachers gave it to us with a scripture from Job. I'm not sure how it related, but since we have no money to buy our own, we were grateful for the gift. It was actually our first firework of our marriage (if you can believe it). We saw others lighting off their fireworks while we were out there. Well, that was the end of our wonderful Independence day. God Bless America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment