Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Fourth of July

So the fourth was great, mostly because I got to stay home and get paid for it. Paid holidays rock! Now if I could only get paid vacation . . .


Pretty much all we did was I made really good food and Aaron and I enjoyed it. It really wasn't too hard--nothing like Thanksgiving. I made the fruit dip and potato salad in the morning and then right before we ate, I cut the fruit, boiled the corn on the cob, and cooked the hamburgers.


All together we had hamburgers, fruit with dip (cherries, strawberries, apples, bananas, and watermelon), chips and dip (although we got so full before we got there that we didn't actually eat any!), corn on the cob (cooked the perfect amount, if I do say so myself), potato salad, and ice cream. It was a great meal and what's even better is there are leftovers! Yeah! In fact, it's about time for lunch and I'm excited about those leftovers.


So it was a good, pretty easy-going day. It was kind of weird that it was in the middle of the week, but in a way that was nice, too. On Sunday night I was thinking about how nice it'd be to go to work on Monday and then  have a day off, then only have 3 more days left of work. And it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment