Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crawling (I Guess) and Sitting


So Alex learned a new thing this week. He's figured how to sit back down from being on all fours. It used to be that if he fell onto his stomach or his back, all he could do was roll around until Aaron or I put him back into sitting. Now when he falls onto his stomach, he can go onto all fours and then sit back down.

This was a surprise to me one morning when I noticed he had fallen onto to his stomach and then when I left and came back, he was sitting. I was just like, "Hey, how did you get that way?" I tried to think if I had put him back to sitting but had forgotten, but was pretty sure I hadn't. Then later Aaron saw him get himself into sitting.

Now that he's been rocking on all fours for awhile, he's gotten so he can kind of get around, but I don't know if I can say he's officially crawling or not. He can't crawl across the room in a straight line, but he definitely can move around wherever he wants by sort of crawling, rolling, and scooting. He seems to be better at crawling backwards, then forwards, though.

It's pretty fun to see him progressing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment