Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fear not

 So it seems like all I hear lately is news about layoffs and how many people have lost their jobs. My first reaction is to get mad and angry at the execs and CEOs who make millions, but then lay off hundreds of workers who make only tens of thousands a year. They don't care if the economy is not doing so well since they're flying around in their leer jets having a grand ol' time. I heard that our CEO at my last company makes 20 million a year. Gee, you think he could spread that wealth around a bit? But whatever.

When negative thoughts of our current economy get me down, I try to remember that having faith in our Heavenly Father is what will get us through. Yesterday, Aaron and I read the following from 3 Nephi 13:30-34, "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought, for the morrow shall take thoughts for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.”

So basically it's saying, don't worry about how you're going to have what you need, just put your faith in God, be obedient to His teachings, and you'll receive what you're in need of. I really like that, and it makes me happy. If ye have faith, ye shall not fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment