Friday, December 9, 2005

Won a Salsa Competition

I can now say that my salsa is "award winning." We had a competition for the best salsa and I won! I got a $25 gift certificate to Chili's. Okay, I admit it, there were only two entries, but even so, it's still good to know I can beat out one other person. Our department bought a variety of store-bought salsas and chips to go along with the homemade ones and yet my salsa was the first to go, even though I made about a gallon of it. When I went over to get some chips and salsa, there were a few people talking about how good my salsa was. They didn't know I was the one that made it. Then more people came up to get seconds saying they wanted to make sure that they got more before it was all gone. They really liked it! Then the judges did the blind taste test (blind as in they didn't know whose salsa they were eating, not that they wore blind folds) and announced me as the winner. Sure I didn't have much competition, but it seems people still really liked it. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment