Friday, August 25, 2006

Editing Jobs

This is a shameless plug for myself, but I'm confident in my abilities, so I'm doing it. If you need a freelance editor, consider hiring me.

I went to Brigham Young University and received a BA in English with an editing minor. Since graduating, I've gotten experience in editing fiction, magazines, and technical information, as well as publishing on the Web. I am very detail oriented and good at what I do. Besides editing for a software company, I have been partially in charge of Leading Edge magazine which has given me a lot of experience not only in editing, but also in management and organization. I have also had a chance to work with big-name authors such as Orson Scott Card and Dave Wolverton through this experience. Along with that, I contributed in editing Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson which is due out next summer (as well as the two sequels, which has not yet been published). 

I have done other freelance work. One with a company that provides form letters for those who don't write well, and for a company that sells books that help teach children to read (I helped created advertisements). Whenever they have more work, they contact me to help with it. They have been very pleased with the work I've done for them so far.

So if anyone is in need of a freelance editor, please consider me. With my variety of experience, I'm a good choice. Through my editing classes, magazine experience, and technical experience, I have over five years of experience editing. I can help with a variety of editing needs including proofreading (whether books, Web sites, magazines, or whatever), fact checking, solidifying manuscripts and preparing them to send in to publishers, basic layout and design, and writing (which I have experience through my English major). If you are in need of any of these services, feel free to email me at my email through my MySpace.com profile (www.myspace.com/jillenabean), and I can give you more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment