Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I want to say what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my husband who loves me and gives me lots of affection. I'm also thankful for his hard work in school so he can do well in his classes.

I'm thankful for my job that pays the bills (although I look forward to when I won't need to work). I'm thankful that it's close to where I live and for my boss who is understanding and who doesn't micromanage.

I'm thankful for my apartment that has covered parking (essential in Utah where you would otherwise have frost or snow on your car every winter morning). I'm also thankful for it having a laundry room and a second bedroom.

I'm thankful for my family who loves me and supports me. Especially my mom who I feel lets me live my life and trusts me to make good decisions.

I'm thankful for living in the United States where I have freedoms and where the economy is good. I'm thankful that I don't live in a third world country and that I speak English. And I'm thankful for military personnel who work every day to protect us and help those in other countries who need help.

I'm thankful that I will be able to go home for Christmas (it's been three years).

I'm thankful to have good health and to not have any chronic illness (such as diabetes, depression, or chronic fatigue).

I'm thankful to be such a blessed person. This is not to say that I don't have trials or anything bad in my life, but I think it's better to focus on what is good and right rather than what could make it better. I am grateful for what I have.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment